As you could probably guess from my morning routine post, you can tell I am a very banal and scheduled person. So of course my nights have a flow to them as well.
- Dinner. After work, I throw my things down and grab something for dinner as soon as I walk through the front door. Usually my dad has it made for me (I’m spoiled, I know), or I grab some leftovers. When it comes time for me to cook on my own, I’m going to suffer.
- Anyway, after dinner, which I prefer to eat between 5-6 p.m., I like to shower and change into pajamas. Nothing says “I’m home” like being clean and not wearing work clothes. If it’s a hair wash day, I usually sit on my phone after dinner while the baby oil is soaking into my scalp. My scalp has been seriously dry, so the baby oil really helps moisturize it.
- After showering, I usually go on my computer to blog, look at social media, or Duolingo if I have time. It depends when I get home. If it is close to bedtime, I usually just read before bed.
- When I finish browsing, I clean up the things I threw and I set out things for tomorrow. I check the weather to see what outfit I want to wear, think about which makeup I want to use, etc. Sometimes I’ll get my lunch/dinner for the next day together as well, depending. I find getting as much done the night before means I can spare a few extra minutes in bed the next morning. And I really enjoy staying in bed for as long as possible.
- After this, I usually crawl into bed to read a few chapters before I sleep. I try not to stay on my computer too close to sleeping time because it makes my mind buzz more than reading does. Plus, the light and everything is bad for sleep.
Sometimes I’ll completely neglect all responsibility and just watch shows on Netflix until it’s time for bed. It really depends on when I get home, or what kind of day I had. But the above routine is my ideal.
Is there anything you like to do before bed that makes your day better? Share in the comments.